Cannot display user-defined columns when using a socket manager.

Here developers can talk about how to write a Parser for LogMX

Moderator: admin

rmitola

Cannot display user-defined columns when using a socket manager.

Post by rmitola »

Hello; I believe I may have found a bug with LogMX.

I am currently writing my own parser with three user-defined fields. When I use my parser with a file on my local file-system, it adds the three columns to the display. However, when I use my parser with the socket manager, it does not add these columns. Also, when I right click on the column area, the option to check these columns' visibility is not available (as it is with the local file-system manager). I also know the data for these columns is surely being registered, as when I click on an entry I am able to see my user-defined fields along with their data in the "Entry details" pane. I just can't get them to show up as columns.

Maybe this is a bug, or am I missing a step in getting additional columns with the socket manager?

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot display user-defined columns when using a socket manager.

Post by admin »

Hello,

You are right, this is a bug we just discovered today, on this forum: viewtopic.php?p=5614 (a workaround suitable for you is proposed in my answer, using a Java Class Parser).
This bug is now fixed in LogMX v5.4.0 which will be released in July (I will let you know when LogMX v5.4.0 is released by posting a message here).

By the way, using the "Entry details" pane is a very good idea, I will propose this idea to the author of the other forum post. It also makes me think of another idea: exporting all entries to a new tab ("Export" feature), this way all columns are displayed in the new tab.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
Xavier
rmitola

Post by rmitola »

Thanks for the quick response. It is good to know this will be updated soon; for now the entry details pane will suffice.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

LogMX v5.4.0 is now released and includes (among many other great things), a fix for this issue :)

Please let me know if you have any other trouble or question.

Xavier