Every line highlighted

Notes, tips, and other usefull things on how to use LogMX

Moderator: admin

isheedm

Every line highlighted

Post by isheedm »

If I use the "Control-F" keystroke to find some text, it highlights the entire message entry in the table for the first log entry it finds. The table window scrolls to the first entry. However, if I scroll the table window after that, every item is highlighted and it can't be cleared.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Every line highlighted

Post by admin »

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "every item is highlighted and it can't be cleared". Each found match should be highlighted one at a time, when you go to next found match.
To clear search results, you can right-click the label "Text search: [xx/yy]" in the status bar at the bottom, then click on "Clear search result".

Please let me know if it doesn't answer your question.

Xavier
isheedm

Post by isheedm »

I'm having trouble getting it to do it today, but it has happened many times before. What I mean by "every item is highlighted" is that the yellow background color gets set for all text in the table.

I'll try to come up with a better test case once it happens again.
isheedm

Post by isheedm »

I have a test case that is happening consistently. I searched for the string gls_wrapper. This text was found in the following message, then every line after it is highlighted.

[Message] [Emitter=Im.server_common.ImProperties] [Line=4314] [File=ImProperties.java] [Thread=main] Original globalData:{server.command.threads=10, default.run.BUSHSPE.dls=${var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT}/${var.LINUX.bushspe_dls.exe}, validate.job_server.systemID=0, default.task.SPECTRUM_DOWNLOADER=1, default.run.his.LMFA_LG=${var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT}/${var.his.LMFA_LG.exe}, var.LINUX.beamspe_dls.exe=his/beamspe_dls.exe, Version=2.3.0 Program:LM_FB, default.task.BEAMSPE.RSS=0, server.hostnames=server.example.com:1100, system.ID=UAT, default.run.v6l=${var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT}/${var.v6l.job}, update.server.threadpool.size=2, default.spectrum.storage.path=/Imspc, var.LINUX.beamspe_dls.sij.exe=dadt/bin/beamspe_dls.sij.exe, var.v6l.job=bin/v6l.job, update.server.hostname=, default.run.spcHeaderReader=${var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT}/${var.spcHeaderReader.exe}, default.max.spectrum.reversals=500000000, local.job.server.hostname=server.example.com:1100, default.task.sl=1, default.task.lp=1, var.spcgen.job=spc-gen/sg.job, default.job_queue.jobtask_limit=1000, job_queue.sleep.check.min=5, default.task.BEAMSPE.RLS=0, default.run.his=${var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT}/${var.LINUX.his.exe}, material.dbversion.production=2_0_31, default.task.ml=0, db.hostname=server.example.com, default.ifem.server.hostnames=, default.task.LM_FB_FEM=1, default.task.LMFA_LG=0, default.task.SPECTRUM_DELETER=1, default.task.HIS.LMFA_LG=0, var.cg.job=cg/x-cg.pl, default.run.spcgen=${var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT}/${var.spcgen.job}, var.his.LMFA_LG.exe=his/lghis.job, var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT=/local/apps/Im/UAT/Im_engine/RELEASE-10.1/Im_engine/, cg.big.min.spectrum.reversals=19000001, db.protocol=mysql, default.task.V6L=0, default.run.BEAMSPE.dls=${var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT}/${var.LINUX.beamspe_dls.exe}, var.LINUX.bushspe_dls.exe=his/bushspe_dls.exe, job_queue.sleep.check.max=20, default.task.P6=0, default.task.FEM=0, var.LINUX.bushspe_dls.sij.exe=dadt/bin/bushspe_dls.sij.exe, var.spcHeaderReader.exe=bin/readSpectrumHeader.sh, default.LINUX.run.BEAMSPE.dls.sij=${var.LINUX.beamspe_dls.sij.exe}, var.sl.job=sl/sl.job, default.task.C5MissMix=0, analysis.server.hostnames=server.example.com:1100, default.task.BUSHSPE.RSS=0, db.driver=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver, default.task.MCI=1, jaas.filename.truststore=truststore.crt, default.run.cg=${var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT}/${var.cg.job}, var.lp.job=lp/lp.job, db.password=pass, default.spectrum.storage.ID=0, default.run.LM_FB_spec=${ENV.db}/${var.LM_FB_spec.job}, var.big.cg.job=big/cg/x-cg.pl, var.LM_FB_spec.job=gls_wrapper.pl, default.task.SPCGEN=1, default.task.BUSHSPE.RLS=0, jaas.truststore.password=pass, default.task.cg=1, default.task.HIS=0, jaas.filename.config=jaas.config, default.temp.drive=/local/data/scratch/, default.task.BUSHSPE=0, analysis.queue.view=1, default.task.BEAMSPE=0, default.run.sl=${var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT}/${var.sl.job}, db.username=ImServer, db.options=?autoReconnect=true&zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull, default.run.lp=${var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT}/${var.lp.job}, default.min.spectrum.reversals=0, default.LINUX.run.BUSHSPE.dls.sij=${var.LINUX.bushspe_dls.sij.exe}, system.ID.ignore=, var.ml.job=ml/ml.job, default.task.SPECTRUM_LOADER=1, default.run.ml=${var.default.LINUX.ENGINE_ROOT}/${var.ml.job}, var.LINUX.his.exe=his_seq/run_his_seq.sh, default.ifem.server.ext=}
[Emitter] Im.server_common.ImProperties
[Line] 4314
[File] ImProperties.java
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

I've reproduced this bug thanks to your example, and it is now fixed in the current version under development.
I will post a message on this topic when it is available.

Thank you for your feedback.

Xavier
isheedm

Post by isheedm »

Great! Just curious, did the bug have to do with a special character in the output? (such as $, {, }, etc?)

I also don't see a way to remove the highlighting.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

This bug was not due to special characters, but to the great offset of the found match (if you search for "beamspe_dls" which is present at the beginning and at the end of the message, it will work for first found matches, then will fail for next further matches).

Unfortunately, there's no work-around at this time for the current version, except re-opening the file (refreshing it won't help).

By the way, for a future release, we're thinking of showing and highlighting the found match in "Entry Details" panel if it cannot be seen in the main table cell.
isheedm

Post by isheedm »

OK.

I like the idea of highlighting the text in the Entry Details. I would like it to always be shown though.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

LogMX v5.2.0 is now released and includes (among many other great features), a fix for this bug.

As for automatically highlighting the text in the Entry Details, It's now on our todo list :wink:

Xavier