Highlighting

If you think LogMX needs a new useful feature!
salvo

Highlighting

Post by salvo »

Splendid log viewer! I am evaluating LogMX with the intention of purchasing at least one copy.

While filtering helps narrow the list of entries that I am interested in, what is missing is the ability to highlight strings of interest. I would like Highlight Filtering (with regular expressions as a choice) added to LogMX for both text and background coloring.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Highlighting

Post by admin »

Hello,

You may want to look at the "Find" feature that can highlight matching log entries: in the "Find" dialog box, simply choose option "As found + marked".
Matching entries are highlighted at the left, and in the outline bar at the right (both in green).
Please note that it also works with regular expressions using the professional version (check box "Regular expression").

Xavier
salvo

Re: Highlighting

Post by salvo »

Indirectly focusing on the results by highlighting the ID is not exactly what I had in mind, but it is a step in the right direction. It makes me look for the "found" text, which becomes increasingly difficult with large message bodies, or when I am searching for several strings. Highlighting "found" text keeps it simple for the user.