Win 7 issue

Notes, tips, and other usefull things on how to use LogMX

Moderator: admin

saikek

Win 7 issue

Post by saikek »

Hello everyone,

I'm facing issue with Win7 32bit - when i establish connection - i didn't get windows with username password (as it is in winxp).
If i run application with .bat file - i get request for login and password in console.

Anyone facing simmilar issues on win7?

Regards.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Win 7 issue

Post by admin »

Hello,

If you talk about SCP/SFTP connection, it seems that you have the same problem that you previously post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=268.
LogMX may try to use Kerberos authentication method: please try suggestions made in this previous forum post, and also check in LogMX menu "Tools" > "Options" > "Network", if you already have a password saved for this SCP/SFTP user (in which case the dialog window requesting password will not be displayed).

Xavier.
saikek

Post by saikek »

Hello,

I've configured connection with ssh-key, added it to Options->network.
But when i connect - i am prompted for user, password in console.
No matter what i've enter - i am connected (because of key login).

Regards.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

If I understand what you mean, you successfully get connected, but what annoy you is that you are prompted for a login and password in the console, is that right?
  • In this case, this behavior is nominal, since as I wrote previously, your SFTP/SCP server seems to prefer Kerberos authentication, so that's why LogMX is first asked to provide Kerberos credentials (in the console). But if this Kerberos authentication fails (what seems to be your case), then the Private Key authentication is used, and successfully logged you (without entering another password if your Private Key file is not protected with a password). In this case, if you don't want to be prompted for a login/password in the console again, then configure your server to prefer Private Key authentication.
  • Else, please clarify your issue so that I can help you further.
Xavier.
saikek

Post by saikek »

I've looked into jsch library and examples and found out how to fix this issue with Kerberos you need to put this line after session.setUserInfo(ui)
you should put
session.setConfig("PreferredAuthentications", "publickey,keyboard-interactive,password");

In this way, there is no more problems with Kerberos.

Can you apply this fix with new release of your tool ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,

Yes, it's exactly what we have found. That's why I was asking you in my previous post if you got connected despite this error message, which would have mean that it's just an issue about authentication method order.

So please answer to the question in my previous post. If your answer is yes, then "session.setConfig()" will be our solution.

Thank you,
Xavier.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello saikek,

LogMX v3.2.0 is now available and fixes this SCP/SFTP issue (now explicitly ignoring Kerberos Authentication method since LogMX doesn't handle it at this time).

Xavier